Weaver's Inkle Directory
The Weaver's Inkle Directory by Anne Dixon; 2012, 176 pages, hard cover.
From expert weaver Anne Dixon is The Weavers Inkle Pattern Directory,the ultimate resource for inkle weavers. Inkle weaving is a simple technique that offers ample opportunity for experimentation by beginners and experienced weavers. This book provides 400 patterns for loom enthusiasts and is the most comprehensive tool available to inkle weavers.
You will discover:
- An overview of inkle weavings history and traditions.
- Instructions for loom set-up and simple techniques.
- An astonishing 400 woven patterns,some making their first debut.
- Illustrated samples that gratify the most popular inkle weaving trend.
- Charts provided throughout the entire guide.
An incomparable guide, Anne Dixon offers all of the tips, tricks, and techniques to these traditional and modern patterns and introduces a bounty of new, innovative designs as well. Inkles can be used for a variety of projects ranging from belts and braces to trims and neckpieces. They can be stitched together to make bags, mobile-phone purses, cushion-covers, table-mats, and much more.