Exploring Woven Fabrics
Pre-publication special - we will be handling pre-sales in the US for Janet's exciting new book. Order the book before August 15th to receive 15% off the published price of $60.00. Please do not order anything else with this book. The book is expected to be published in September - you will not receive it till late September!
Exploring Woven Fabric by Janet Phillips
Exploring Woven Fabrics is for beginner and intermediate weavers. It teaches how to construct and weave multiple-sectioned sample blankets exploring Color and Weave Techniques on four and eight shafts as well as combining weaves together into Block Weaves. There are seven multiple-sectioned sample blankets to weave:
- Four-shaft Color and Weave Effect
- Four-shaft Log Cabin Four-shaft Shadow Weave and Repp
- Block Weaves including Double Cloth and Summer and Winter
- Eight-shaft Stitched Double Cloth
- Eight-shaft Bold Color and Weave/Deflected Double Cloth
- Eight-shaft Shadow Weave and Repp
Included are detailed design decisions and principles for weaving 40 original fabrics created from exploring these seven sample blankets further. There are 12 four-shaft designs and 28 eight-shaft designs.
Exploring Woven Fabrics is a sequel to Janet’s other book Designing Woven Fabrics.
Hardback; 224 pages; 2020